Patients choose hospitals based on the quality of the medical care they receive and the hospital’s distance from their home. But what nonclinical criteria do patients value most? The Salud y Gestión blog reviews the findings of a study in The McKinsey Quarterly. The study found that patients rank the following as the most important nonclinical criteria influencing their hospital choice.
- Keeping patients informed about treatment both during and after visit (77%)
- Conducting Scheduled appointments on time (75%)
- Room appearance (66%)
- Ease of scheduling appointments (64%)
- Food and entertainment options in room (63%)
- Value for the money (62%)