The California HealthCare Foundation has an almanac entry on Children’s Health Coverage Facts and Figures. Eligibility requirements for these programs is described in this table. Other key findings include:
- The proportion of children without health insurance continued to decline through 2007, though the pace of improvement has slowed.
- Nearly 80 percent of California’s uninsured children are eligible for coverage under either Medi-Cal, Healthy families, or Healthy Kids.
- Medi-Cal and Healthy families are key sources of coverage for children in low-income households that together have closed the coverage gap among families with incomes up to 250 percent of the federal poverty level.
- Healthy Kids programs are also important for children’s coverage. twenty-four counties operate Healthy Kids programs and four others rely on California Kids.
- Children are less likely to have employment-based coverage than adults and are more likely to be enrolled in public programs in California.