I am attending a National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Pre-Conference on Economic Dimensions of Personalized and Precision Medicine. You can find the meeting agenda here. The speakers today were very interesting and touched on a number of topics with respect to precision medicine including:
- Measuring the value of a precision medicine diagnostic test
- Determining the appropriate cost sharing for precision medicine under various conditions
- Examining whether the hype behind genome-wide association study (GWAS) was warrented
- Considering the game theoretic implications for innovators for targeting broader compared to more precise patient populations
- Estimating the value that could be generated from personalized medicine due to better treatment targeting in multiple sclerosis
- Characterizing the drug development pipeline for precision medicines
My presentations is tomorrow. So far it’s been a blast.