It’s Health Wonk Review time! We have some great posts lined up for today’s quotation-themed version of the Health Wonk Review. We even have a few videos for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!
“It’s the economy, stupid” – Bill Clinton
- How do factors like job loss, wage stagnation and low productivity affect the economy at large and, in turn, the effect on injured workers? Tom Lynch of Workers’ Comp Insider has the answer.
“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver” – Mahatma Gandhi
- What health insurance plan in the exchange should you pick: gold, silver or bronze? Andrew Sprung of xpostfactoid looks at how the Trump’s cutoff of federal reimbursement to insurers for Cost Sharing Reduction (CSR) subsidies affects this choice.
“Obamacare is dead” – Donald Trump
- What are the Dumb, Incoherent, Confused, Perhaps Psychotic Things President Trump Says and Does About Health Care Policy? Head over to visit Roy Poses at Health Care Renewal to find out.
“America’s health care system is neither healthy, caring, nor a system.” ― Walter Cronkite
- Unable to gut healthcare by repeal-and-replace, the GOP is trying to slash 30% from Medicaid and hundreds of billions from Medicare. Learn more by reading Joe Paduda’s take at Managed Care Matters.
- In “Shaking the Faith“, Bob Vineyard of InsureBlog looks at the problems being faced by those interacting with Christian Health Care Sharing Ministries.
- How is the Trump administration responding to the opioid epidemic? According to David Harlow of HealthBlawg, with lots of bluster (declaration of state of emergency), but little follow-through.
“The bigger they are, the harder they fall. And the better the world liked seeing them fall.” – Loretta Chase
- David Williams of Health Business Blog also has an article examining his thoughts on how formidable Amazon would be if it entered the market for pharmaceutical distribution.
- We have a multimedia entry from the Homefront with David Williams (Health Business Group) and John Driscoll (CareCentrix) arguing whether bigger is better or smaller is more beautiful in healthcare.
“The man with a new idea is a crank – until the idea succeeds.” – Mark Twain
- On Healthcare Economist, I highlight how the Innovation and Value Initiative–as part of its Open-Source Value Project– has released the IVI-RA Value Tool to measure the value of treatments for patients with rheumatoid arthritis.