Associate Research Scientist – Health Policy
Location: Los Angeles, California US
Who we are:
Precision Health Economics has a global reputation for delivering results that have strategic and practical applications, generating academic publications in the world’s top research journals, and leading public debates in prestigious, closely watched forums.
With offices in Austin, Boston, Los Angeles and Oakland, we continue to experience rapid growth and have assembled a team of professionals from around the globe with expertise across multiple disciplines; academics, economists, epidemiologists, medical anthropologists, public health and public policy experts and more—all passionate about producing high quality research for the latest health care medicines and technologies.
We are excited to invite bright, motivated Research Scientists to consider a career with us. Dedicated team members who enjoy a challenge, thrive in the details and flourish in dynamic environments are highly likely to be successful.
Join us to deliver research that focuses on attributes of value that is meaningful to all healthcare constituencies, which leads policymakers and pharmaceutical, biologic and healthcare technology companies worldwide turn to PHE to shape strategy, inform key healthcare decisions, and produce effective changes in public policy through insightful research.
Do you consider yourself a highly organized, self-starter with a real passion for projects involving innovative health economic concepts? Are you passionate about conducting high quality research and are willing to put in the hard work? Do you love to work with real-world data to answer pivotal research questions in the health care industry? Are you a clear and confident communicator among teammates and in front of clients? If you’re a born problem-solver and enjoy when no day is the same – keep reading. Your dream job is waiting.
What you can expect day-to-day:
- Collaborating across a broad portfolio of sophisticated health economic and health policy research projects.
- Performing a wide range of activities including: literature reviews; regression analysis; preparing content for reports and manuscripts, slide decks and meeting notes; quality assurance/review; and other activities.
- Master’s degree
- 1-year experience conducing health economic research
- Degree concentration in economics, health services research, epidemiology, biostatistics, public policy, health policy, or public health or related
- Experience with R, Stata or SAS
- Experience conducting data analysis, especially analysis to identify causal inference
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC