That was the title of the second plenary at ISPOR Europe this year. One interesting slide from Nancy Devlin who outlined how different countries used different patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs).
- English NHS PROMs programme. Variation in provider performance linked to reimbursement
- UK Private Healthcare Information Network (PHIN). Part of an initiative to improve patient choice on quality and fees between private sector providers.
- Alberta Health Services & Alberta Health Quality Council. Evaluating service effectiveness and value for money.
- Sweden’s National Patient Quality Registers. Evaluating burden of disease and service effectiveness.
- Southern Cross NZ. Evaluating service effectiveness and value for money across procedures to inform funding coverage decisions.
- New Zealand’s Health Quality & Safety Commission (HQSC). Under Development
More interesting materials were shared at the session. And congratulations to Lou Garrison, PhD for receiving the ISPOR Avedis Donabedian Award.