I am currently attending the American Economic Association (AEA) Annual Meeting in Chicago. The Presidential Address was given by Bengt Holmstrom (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) on “The Nature of Liquidity Provision: When Ignorance is Bliss.”
Although there are numerous presentations on health care, such as the Health Insurance and Health Care Practice seminar lead by Amy Finkelstein. Other sessions of note include:
- The 2006 Massachusetts Health Care Reform
- Children’s Health and Education in China
- Selection and Moral Hazard in Health Insurance
- Behavioral Economics and Health
- The Dynamics of Health and Wealth among the Elderly
- Medicare and Prescription Drugs
- What Determines the Performance of US and International Healthcare?
The full schedule is available here.