This post is my 4,000th blog post here at Healthcare Economist. The blog started January 19, 2006, when I (not so) cleverly titled my very first blog post “Welcome!!!” Over the years, we have covered a variety of issues: from health reform and value-based purchasing, to innovation and outcomes-based pricing; from current events and health policy to detailed reviews of novel econometric and statistical techniques. After more than 12 years and now 4,000 posts, I’m still going strong and hoping you are still enjoying the content here as well.
If you’re interested in what are the most-read posts of all-time on Healthcare Economist, without further ado, here is my very own Top 10 list.
- What is the difference between DRGs, AP-DRGs, and APR-DRGs? (74,999 views)
- Health Care Around the World: Norway (64,213 views)
- What is the difference between GDP, GNP, and National Income? (54,867 views)
- Health Care Around the World: Great Britain (54,409 views)
- Health Care Around the World: France (53,468 views)
- Health Care System Grudge Match: Canada vs. U.S. (48,005 views)
- What are Accountable Care Organizations? (46,350 views)
- About the Author (45,495 views)
- Is health care demand elastic? (42,726 views)
- Health Care Around the World: An Introduction (36,521 views)
Since the start of 2017, my top 5 articles are:
- “I will build a great Health Wonk Review . . . and nobody builds Health Wonk Reviews better than me, believe me.”
- How to reduce spending on unnecessary care (the answer is not what you think)
- Why would Walmart want to buy Humana?
- What does “value” mean to patients?
- How long are delays in cancer drug approvals outside the U.S.?